Tuesday, August 1
Meet the Ante-Abrahamic Prophets
From the day Adam began teaching his children about their Creator, there have been prophets and there have been covenants. The holy writ says the first prophets walked and talked with Adam and with angels.
Some of the long-lived prophets who predated Abraham appear not only in canonized scripture, but also in tribal mythology and ancient documents unearthed in more modern times.
(Hebrew Bible) records ten ancient prophets
- Adam (aka Adapa, Atab, Atabba, HaAdamah, Ancient of Days, آدم ,אָדָם)
- Seth ben Adam (aka Shet, Sheth, שֵׁת)
- Enos ben Seth (aka Anoush, Enosh, אֱנוֹשׁ)
- Enoch ben Jared (aka Enoc, Chanok, Hanokh, Henoch, Idris, ادريس ,חֲנוֹך)
- Methuselah ben Enoch (aka Mathusala, Mathusalam, Methusael, Methusalah, Metushelach, מְתוּשֶׁלַח)
- Noah ben Lamech (aka Noach, Noe, Nuh, نوح ,נוֹחַ)
- Shem ben Noah (aka Sam, Sceaf, Sem, Seskef, שֵׁם)
- Salah ben Cainan (aka Sala, Salih, Shâlikh, Shehiah, Shelach, Shelah, صلاح ,שָׁלַח)
- Eber ben Salah (aka Abin, `Aybar, `Ever, Heber, Hoodh, Hud, هود ,חֶבֶר)
- Melchizedek ben Malakh (aka Melchisedec, Melchisedech, Melkisedek, Malki-Tzedek, מַלְכִּי־צָדֶק)
View and Post Comments |